Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thirty Reasons to Be Thankful

Give thanks to the LORD for He is good. His love endures forever. I am in a little bit of a funk today. I am feeling sad, so I am going to do one of my favorite things to do when I am feeling down...

I am going to count my blessings. I am healthy. I have a beautiful home. We have food to eat. We have clothes to wear. We have two nice cars. We have friends, and family who love us unconditionally. I have a absolutely gorgeous husband who loves me, cherishes me, and tells me every day that he loves me, that I am beautiful, and how proud he is that I am his wife.

I have a heart that is filled with hope for the future, that God has good plans in store for me. I have friends who make me laugh so hard my sides hurt. I live in the greatest country in the world, the United States of America. I have a job that I love. I work with people who are creative, intelligent, and challenge me to find practical solutions to everyday life problems.

Both of my parents are still alive, and we have a great relationship. I am a daughter, sister, aunt, niece, wife, and friend. I enjoy most of the people who are in my life, and those few people who are difficult to get along with give me the opportunity to exercise patience, and grace. I am blessed to know so many people who love me just as I am.

I could continue to list all the reasons I am thankful, but instead, could you do me a favor? Would you take a few minutes to reflect of how you have been blessed, and write down those blessings, one by one. When you are finished writing down your blessings, count them. I did.

No comments: